Wednesday, March 13, 2013

March 11th 2013 Letter

Yeah, it is pretty crazy that I have like 9 ish months left only. I really think that the weeks go by so quick.

Easter traditions… there’s really not that much. Dinner is just a nice regular meal. I don’t know if there are really any special Easter time foods. The big thing is simply the eggs. They have bunches of chocolate hollow eggs. They are everywhere, super expensive, and inside is always a prize (you can choose your theme from the wrapping, like if you want barbie, or hot wheels, etc). So that’s about all that there is for Easter here. There’s really not that many Catholic practicing people so I don’t know much on Lent.
Lots of people talked about the pope stepping down. Basically everyone was like "it’s because he’s a false prophet and the demon lost his power." I don’t know …. people here are crazy.

This week was pretty hot, and rainy at the same time. 3 pairs of my pants are mold infected…. woot woot, so I’m a be scrubbing away.

Also this is the last week of the transfer! Wow that was so flippin’ fast I can’t believe it.
So yeah, we still are wishy washy on whether or not there will be some baptisms. This week was a little rough for Elder Sabino so basically I was doing stuff by myself (teaching, planning, etc.) so I had a good headache of stuff.

The twin girls we are teaching are still super hyper and immature. They freaked out when we told them about transfers, so we gotta see what will happen next with them. They have gone to church enough they just need to take the decision.
Leticia won’t be baptized because her mom didn’t let her and her grandma doesn’t feel yet like signing the paper, maybe here in a month.

We had Amanda go to church again (a girlfriend of a member) and so we will try to get her ready this month, as well as a friend of Gabriel and Henrique. She is going to church with them, she was at our family night activity at their house that we did yesterday.   =]  Super fun!
So things are going pretty well. There is a lot of work to do these days, and yeah just like always busy, busy, busy.  =]

Man, I don’t really know what else to say. I’m super tired, because it seems like there is always a lot of things on my mind. Tonight we are going to have an ice cream party.  =D woo woo! So yeah,  something a little fun and different.
But that’s about all I got! So yeah.  =]

Love,
Elder Blackford

No comments:

Post a Comment